Takeshi Kaneshiro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takeshi Kaneshiro

Takeshi Kaneshiro san! *** 金城 武 さん!

HomeTakeshi Kaneshirofriends of the siteLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Best role

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ognyana
Sith Moderator
Sith Moderator
Ognyana

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-03

The Best role - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Best role   The Best role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:23 am

Hi, rabi-chan (is it o.k.)?

Sorry, but I didn’t quite understand what you meant when you wrote:
rabi wrote:
“And I think that the reason is because I can understand the meaning of the name than a European person. Otherwise I think that I am not learning.”
Could you explain?

I never called “Three Kingdoms” a dull or a bad book. It’s kind of exotic for me, though I should say that Tang Dynasty poetry, Su Shi, Pú Sōnglíng, Lao She, Feng Jicai (what a writer!!!), Shan Sa (oh, I know she’s writing in French), Lu Jiamin (why it took his character so long to understand that a wolf wouldn’t bend to HIS rules? It’s on the surface! But the book’s nice), Can Xue, Da Chen were much easier (though as exotic in their manner of perceiving the world), and I liked them a lot. I think now I’d better reread the Three Kingdoms. Smile

Rabi-chan, how lucky you are! You have snow! It’s a topsy-turvy world, isn’t it? There’s snow in Japan and you think it’s a bit too much, I here in Russia (of all places!) am sitting and pining and longing for snow. It’s December – and not a snowflake where I live. +5+8 C, green grass growing, even live flies buzzing by! Oh, no! I’m afraid it’s difficult to explain, but I long for the smell of snow, for the white shroud that covers everything when the first snow falls, for the slight frost (-5-8 C), for children tobogganing, for receiving a snowball in the back from the children you’re passing by, for falling flat on my back in the soft and pure snow just to feel its touch. In short, I’m feeling as tormented as the poor bear in our local zoo that can’t go to sleep because it’s too hot. (Not all Russia is that hot though – in Yakutia -50 C and a lot of snow as usual, we here should have approximately -5-14 C in December, but alas!)

Admin, sorry for off topic.
Back to top Go down
rabi
Jedi Archive-Keeper
Jedi Archive-Keeper
rabi

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Best role   The Best role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Ognyana-chan
Ognyana wrote:
Hi, rabi-chan (is it o.k.)?
Yes! thank you~^^

Ognyana wrote:

There were several reasons for that - endless names that you seem unable either to understand or to memorize for that reason (as European names don't mean a thing to Asians I'm sure) and sort out who's who, a lot of characters, an unusual style of storytelling (at least for many a European), events that don't ring any bell for most Europeans - the book resembled a maze.

When I compared it with a European because Oriental culture could understand it (for example, a Chinese foreign student lives in my home for one month, and I traveled many times in China), "Three Kingdoms" was able to understand it easily. cuties I wanted to say in this way.

Yes, the "Three Kingdoms" 's book is splendid. nia

Admin, sorry for off topic, me too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Hollywood-Screen/5482/index.html
Omkasia
Jedi
Jedi
Omkasia

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Best role   The Best role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello, Ognyana, rabi-chan (it's oke, welcome music listen )
Are you discuss about basis of "Red Clif"?
Back to top Go down
Ognyana
Sith Moderator
Sith Moderator
Ognyana

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: The Best role   The Best role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi, rabi-chan,

Your post about the snow was kind of a lucky charm - today we had the first snowfall. Smile Anyway, the winter here is a MONTH late. I hope the weather sets itself right in your place, too.

Omkasia - yes, we're talking about the book. Can send you the Russian text via e-mail, if you want.

By the way, stumbled in the Internet upon an article that says that "Warlords" was named the best Asian film of 2007 and that the Golden Horse Award for acting went to Jet Li for the role in this film. I might be mistaken, but my belief is that for this particular film the award should have gone to TK (though Jet Li certainly deserves heaps of awards, but just not this time. Smile ). Anyway, it's only a personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Omkasia
Jedi
Jedi
Omkasia

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Best role   The Best role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 am

Ognyana, I will very glad Smile
But I hope it's not very thick book lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best role   The Best role - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Best role
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Takeshi Kaneshiro :: Takeshi Kaneshiro as an actor :: discussions of his acting-
Jump to: