Takeshi Kaneshiro
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takeshi Kaneshiro

Takeshi Kaneshiro san! *** 金城 武 さん!

HomeTakeshi Kaneshirofriends of the siteLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikomijade
Admin - your Sith and Jedi Master
mikomijade

Female
Number of posts : 744
Registration date : 2007-06-08

Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Empty
PostSubject: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 am

you can find out more here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0913968/ and http://www.warlordsthemovie.com/
It's a heroic tale of three blood brothers and their struggle in the midst of war and political upheaval. It is based on "The Assassination of Ma," a Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) story about the killing of general Ma Xinyi. The story was filmed by Zhang Che in 1973 as The Blood Brothers.

Director - Peter Chan

Acting:
Jet Lee - Ma Xinyi
Andy Lau - Cao Er-Hu
Takeshi Kaneshiro - Jan Wen-Xiang
Jinglei Xu - Lian
Back to top Go down
Hunny Bunny
Padawan
Padawan
Hunny Bunny

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 7:57 pm

Jet lee, Andy Lau, and Takeshi this is gonna be a great film. i watch the making of on you tube.
Back to top Go down
mikomijade
mikomijade

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 8:39 am

Yeah, I bet this is going to be an awesome film. I hope they will show it in Ukraine.....most of the movies from Asia jus pass us by......But I am sure it will not happen to this one cause of Jet Lee
Back to top Go down
mikomijade
mikomijade

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 7:42 pm

OK
The release dates ofr the movie are:
China 12 December 2007
Hong Kong 13 December 2007
Malaysia 13 December 2007
Singapore 13 December 2007
Thailand 13 December 2007
Indonesia 14 December 2007
Taiwan 28 December 2007

so far these are for the countries it was shown officially
i am still anxcious about Ukrainian date of release. I hope it will happen this year.

three heroes together on one pic on the premier in Hong Kong
Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) 12ec5p10
Back to top Go down
Ognyana
Sith Moderator
Sith Moderator
Ognyana

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 am

There's a thorough discussion at http://z7.invisionfree.com/SimplyTK/index.php?showtopic=290, a short review at http://lostfilmcomments.blogspot.com/2008/05/warlords-tau-ming-chong-2007.html , but still, there's a thing to be added.
As far as I know the film has won Hong Kong Film Award and they named Jet Li the best actor.

Speaking of my own experience, I should add that though the film is made on a grand scope, there's something strange and elusive about it that prevents me from feeling empathy with most of its heroes. Those huge masses of featureless people fighting a senseless war, cold, muck, poverty create a numbing sensation (one feels that if the table turns, the losers will indulge into the same mindless atrocities as the victors), and frankly speaking the only person that is of interest from the point of view of character development and human drama, the only one who stands apart from the crowd is Zhang Wen-Xiang.
If General Ma Xinyi as a double-dealing, cold and calculating person and practically does not change visibly throughout the film (on the screen he is emotionally the same from beginning to end), if Cao Er-Hu seems to be a naive simpleton unable to see through things and absolutely unthinking (who almost desrves what he gets for his blindness), Zhang Wen-Xiang is a more complex character. At first he thinks it great to have those two brothers, excellent warriors, then seeing the power play and duplicity of Ma Xinyi he sticks to the brotherhood code because it's the only value left for him in the terrible world, and then when he finds out the truth his human drama is the best thing in the film. TK rises up to the psychological challenge of portraying this character admirably.

Once again, I'm all for giving the award for best acting to TK.Smile
Back to top Go down
mikomijade
mikomijade

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:12 pm

I guess that I just have to watch it 'cause you have displayed both sides of the film and I can say that the best thisng is when you watch it yourself.
I have seen not really nice movies recetly and I hope this one makes it out for me
anyways - I just need to find it for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)   Tau ming chong (release on December 2007) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tau ming chong (release on December 2007)
Page 1 of 1